Don't the U.S. team coaches have the power to seek our an independent
medical opinion and replace somebody with the 4th place Trials finisher
if they think the chances of being ready to go in Sydney were nil?

This news report was dated 9/6, before Sydney declarations had to be
turned in.
4th place finisher Godina will already be there in Sydney anyway, right?

RT