Alvin is an idiot, running way faster than he has to in preliminary rounds - he has a history of this.

I doubt that MJ is going to be intimidated by this.

Nor is he going to be the one who is exhausted by the time the Final comes around.

Remember at Seoul that Edwin Moses blew it out in the semi-final trying to get a good lane in the Final, and had to settle for a bronze.

Tony Craddock

____________

At 08:42 AM 9/24/00 -0700, Conway wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I'm surprised that no one has yet to comment on how easy Harrison's 44.25
> looked in the quarterfinal. He didn't run as conservatively as he admitted
> be running, but impressive nonetheless. I think the world will final get
> see another 43 without Michael Johnson's name next to it. I'm wondering
how
> much of a run can he give MJ in the final?

Yes .. It looks like we may finally have a real race .. And it will be with
MJ's own style no less .. And yes Harrison has changed his style ..

Conway Hill