Listers,

Thanks for the support of my novel 'Slinger Sanchez Running Gun', which has enjoyed a surge in sales during these Olympic Games.

As many of you know the book was published in September of 1998, written in 1997. Briefly, it's the story of a young middle distance runner and his coach, and how they risk everything for him to become a world-class runner. It starts at the U.S. Olympic Trials in the year 2000. The runner's coach is a foul-mouthed Scot, a man hated and feared by track federations worldwide. His honesty in blasting their duplicity, especially in regards to drug testing, makes him a very real threat. He calls for both blood testing and EPO testing, (three years before adopted in Sydney). After the Trials his runner tests positive, and payback is the obvious motive.

As I've witnessed track and field events unfold the last few months-- prior to Sydney and now--I've at times wondered myself if 'Slinger' was indeed art imitating life, or life imitating art.

Most of us on this list understand the prevalence of drugs in our sport, so I won't belabor that point. However, the recent developments that point to cover-ups by track federations, is really pushing the envelope of believability. It is truly truth outstripping fiction.

As an American, I can tell you I take no joy in the prospect of our federation being involved in cover-ups. I hope it's not true. But the daily events that unfold point more and more to dirty dealing. Advanced drug tests are not worth anything if the federations of the world, ours included, cover-up results.

I'd very much like to write a sequel to 'Slinger', as many list members and readers have urged me. But I'm loath to do so unless I can get proper distribution, marketing and promotion. If any of you have access to a major publisher or literary agent, please respond to me off-list.

Thanks again for all the support I've received on this group, which has helped 'Slinger' sell worldwide. I hope you'll give my novel consideration.

Best,

Bruce Glikin/author/'Slinger Sanchez Running Gun'