-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Matt Stohl
Sent: 29 September 2000 06:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: t-and-f: The Walks

If you do not care for walks, please delete this message, and please do not
email me to tell me you don't like them.  Thanks.

Ok.

I have never really paid much attention to the Walks, however, today after
watching the Womens race, what an amazing event/race.  How incredibly heart
breaking to be 150m away from a gold medal and to be told you are out of the
race.  That Australian lady must be in such a depression tonight.

I must say I have such a new respect for the individuals who compete in the
Walks.  To labor along for 20 or 50k and have your day ended by a judge in
just horrible.

However, I have a question for the Walkers on the list.  Hopefully, this is
not a ridiculous question, but what type of long term effects does the event
have on your hips and knees?  I cringe watching it, it looks as though a
Walkers joints are going to pop.

Also, question to MIke Rohl.  How did the time Michelle put up in the 20k
compare to her seasonal best?

At any rate, I have a new found respect for the athletes of the "real
red-headed step child event" of track and field.

Matt Stohl