-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dave Cameron
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 2:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: t-and-f: Random Musings

On NBC's coverage times; I'd recommend just setting up
tapes and letting 'em fly.  I've made it a habit of always
taping the 10 AM (EDT) coverage and the 12:30 AM to 2+ AM
coverage regardless of the posted schedule.   Luckily I've
seen virtually everything as a result.

On Capel, I agree that he should have just followed through
on the false start.   Regardless, let's not take anything
away from Kenteris et al!

On Nool, I heard that the US and the UK protested - wonder
if there was a protest from the silver medalist's country?
>From what NBC showed, the stepping out of the circle was
significant.

On the mens' 800, it seems odd to me that Kipketer timed
his finish the way he did.   Either he's not in top shape,
or he blundered quite seriously.   Kipketer is a very
experienced and very talented runner, who finished 2nd in
1:45+.   If he's in shape, he's probably going to be
kicking himself for not trying to pick up the pace
earlier...

Finally, great job by everyone about not disclosing
results!   I often see the event 24 hrs after it happened
due to my taping habits and am really enjoying that there's
only been 2 events where I knew what happened before I saw
it - and neither were the fault of this list.

Dave