I want to comment on the announcing within Stadium Australia.

The English speaking announcers (one British and one Australian?) are rather
knowledgeable and their accents are fun to listen too.  However, like all of
us, they make mistakes.  For those there, I am sure you will agree that
"many" is a fair assessment.

The biggest problem with their numerous mistakes is that they go
UNCORRECTED.  Marion Jones from the Bahamas?  Mistake after mistake not
corrected!

I wonder if they just don't want to publicize their faults?  They are
certainly leaving incorrect data out there for the 110,000 fans in
attendance.

For those there on Friday night, did I hear it correctly "Barmasai has won
the gold"?  When Rueben's name came up on the screen as the winner I thought
I heard him say "well, that will be corrected soon."  If this latest
anecdote is not correct, my apologies.

I am not bucking for the job, just correct the errors, please!!!

Bob Bettwy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Director - Program Control
Washington Group
SRS Technologies
(703) 351-7266

P.S. So much more to say, so little time...