Too bad about the misfortunes of Ms. Hamilton.  She looked so good through
1350 meters.  I was really cheering for her.

Unfortunately and sadly, we were initially introduced to Ms. Hamilton in the
1986 NCAA meet where she (Wisconsin) nipped out Alisa Harvey (Tennessee) for
the outdoor 1500 meter title.   She fell across the line that day.  That
race was the first of four straight she would win and one of nine NCAA
titles on her resume.

Even more ironically, I am still catching up on old e-mails and just this
morning (in Sydney) I read the piece about Nike pulling the "chainsaw" ad
featuring SFH.  Quoting from it:
        The ad begins with distance runner Suzy Favor Hamilton spotting a
man in a hockey mask, much like the "Jason" character from the hugely
popular "Friday the     13th" movies, preparing to attack her with a
chainsaw.  Hamilton runs off and keeps up such a strong pace the masked
attacker collapses in wheezing exhaustion.      The tag line at the end of
the ad says: "Why sport? You'll live longer."

I will leave it to you to figure out why she was instructed not to be on the
victory stand!  Ha Ha Ha, that was a JOKE.  Only meant to poke a little fun
at my friend, Mr. Craddock :)

Cheers,

Bob Bettwy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]