-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R.T.
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 8:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: t-and-f: On the topic of drugs in sport....

>In the interests of full and fair disclosure, it should be pointed out that
>R.T., while being a frequent and sometimes brilliant poster to this List,
>is also a USA Track and Field Official.
>As such, one would expect a reflexive lack of support from him for a
>Canadian espousing the heretical viewpoint that the sport was not clean.

Actually, I would NOT go so far as to say that whatever
Francis says, the opposite is true.
However, there is every motivation for Francis to twist
the story so that he is viewed in the best possible light.

He is NOT the first person I would go to if I would want
to find out the truth.

By the way, make that FORMER USA Track and Field Official.
I have resigned, for reasons that have nothing to do with my
love for the sport, and everything to do with the need to
spend more time with family...
I will expect some of you young whippersnappers who are 'right
out of college' and yet to have much in the way of family
obligations to get involved and take my place as an on-the-
field official.

RT