Can anyone answer a few questions for me about this year's Grand Prix?
1. Hattestad won 200K for winning the women's rankings. Behind her,
Jones and Devers had the same number of points (104) but Jones
received more money because of a tiebreaking system. What was that
system?
2. Were there payouts beyond Jones and Devers in the women's
rankings? If so, how much?
3. Winners of each event received 50K. Did the other placewinners
receive prize money?
4. To anyone's knowledge, was appearance money also paid to some athletes?
5. The point winners of each event also received 100K. Were there
also payouts to finishers below 1st place, and if so, how much?
I checked the IAAF website, but could not find answers to any of
these questions.
Jack Pfeifer
NYC