[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1. it is not your PR that counts in the track and field business when it
> comes to your label as a competitor. How many major finals has she been in?
> How does she compete in international meetings outside of Oregon and her PR
> race in Oslo?

Suzy had a poor record in internationals before this year, to be sure. Then she
missed last season with the achilles surgery. When she came back she was
definitely improved. She ran quite a few good races this year, including one in
Oregon but against Gabriela Szabo, probably the finest female middle-distance
runner in the world, another in the Olympic Trials against Regina and the best
one, the 3:57.40 at Oslo, in which she blew away Chojecka, Szekely, Dulecha,
Masterkova (not at her best, to be sure), Sacramento, Tullett, Gorelova, Sonia
O'Sullivan, Kuznetsova and Mugo. That's a lot of scalps!

> Why is it that depsite her world leading time that she was NOT
> picked to medal in the OG?

That was not unreasonable, but I'm not sure the T & F N predictions, as
published, took into account her Oslo run.
Cheers,
Alan Shank