--- alan tobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Of course Zatopek also won the 5k and 10k gold that year, something that
> even Geb can't do.

Something Geb *hasn't* done.  Since he hasn't attempted it, and he would
be the obvious favorite in either and probably in both, we clearly don't
know he "can't" do it.

--- Gary Liguori wrote:
> When someone wins a gold medal inthe Olyumpics in only
> their 8th official race, something seems terribly
> wrong.  It is either time for the IAAF to increase the
> hiegth of the womens hurdles or scrap the event all
> together.  It shouldn't be that easy to switch events
> and win the gold!

I do agree in the case of the women's intermediate hurdles, as do many
others who have commented on it in the past.  It's just not much more
technically challenging than the open 400 with its ridiculously low hurdle
height, although that still makes it a plenty difficult event.
Regardless, a sprinter moving up several events (arguably) is impressive
any way you look at it.

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - AbleDesign, Web Design that Can!