Sorry, but I don't think this was an embarrassment. We can't revamp our whole
scholastic/collegiate seasons just because the IAAF chose to "make points "
globally. If anyone was surprised by the USA showing they weren't paying
attention. HS/college freshman going to a World Championships in October? The
end of October at that. Our athletes at this age are locked into the USA
academic seasons, as they should be. There's time post collegiately to adjust
to the international seasons.
    If you want the sit around and wring your hands in anguish over this, go
ahead. This proved nothing, other than a USA team isn't going to perform well
out of season.

Andy Ferrara
HS Track Team Power Ratings
www.hstrack.com