I received a request from a 4th Science (maths) student at N.U.I.G.
(National University of Ireland in Galway) that is currently preparing
for her final year project. She has selected Sonia O'Sullivan as her
project topic - to compare her 2000m world record to Wang Junxia's 3000m
world record. Unfortunately, she is finding it difficult to gather
information on the split times (at each 400m) of these races.  She, and
myself would be grateful if you could inform me of these times or guide
her in the right direction to find them with books or internet sites.
With the lack of interest in athletics in young people today it is
certainly refreshing to get such a query and I hope somebody can help
me.  Please send the information or sources to me and I'll get them to
Cathriona.  Thanks in advance.

Timothy Patrick O'Dowd
www.irishrunner.com
Keeping Track of Ireland