----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Mark Lewis-Francis should have been in Sydney, period!  He opted out of
> Sydney so he could go to  Lesser competition, dominate, and "clown" with
his
> friends.  How come I have heard no mention of his antics?  Were any of teh
> Brits embarassed by his bravado as he crossed the line in every one of his
> races?  I doubt it.

I disagree that Mark Lewis-Francis should have gone to Sydney. The kid is
only 17 and prior to this year has had no significant international
experience. Winning the juniors will give a big confidence boost. The
pressure of Sydney would probably have been too much, and a scenario like
crashing out in the semi's would not have done much for  his ego either. I
think he and his coach made a sensible decision.

Cheers,
Elliott

PS: what antics? I saw him kiss the track after his win in the finals, but
nothing else untoward. Did I miss something, or is this just the usual sour
grapes that this discussion is getting tainted with?