My biggest disappointment was Georgie.  She has at least one more juniors
left in her, and she chose to pull a 800/1500 double.  She was a shoe in to
win one of those, but instead walked away with 2 defeats.  Granted, the girls
that defeated her ran great races, as did she, I just did not understand the
need to pull that double.  Alternating rounds day to day did not make sense
to the distance coaches I talked to, so of course it may less sense to me.
She clearly has a bright future, and it appeared that it was a rush to get
her going.  She has another juniors meet, and various majors on her horizon,
why go for it all in one shot?

DGS
The G.O.A.T.

I don't see her performances as failures, though it was probably not wise to
double her.

I was impressed with MLF, the Kenyan distance runners (as always), Campbell,
and 200m runnerup Sina Schielke of Germany.  Schielke has the best form of
any runner you will see and her strong second leg was one of the major
reasons Germany upset the Jamaicans in the 4x100 (combined with the fact that
Jamaica foolishly, in my opinion, led off with Campbell rather than having
her run anchor on that relay)

Jim Spier