> However, if you assume that most (or all) of the improvements to
> the WR's in
> the 800-10000m are due to EPO over the last 8-10 years ...
> ..you'd be wrong.
> sideshow
you'd be naive
malmo

        I'll guess (smile)  that Malmo's comment has to do with the first
statement and not Dan's. If not, I'll have to side w/ Dan here.  I
think I brought this up somewhere else, if I'm repeating myself, I
apologize, but...

                How is it that not one of the athletes coached by 'notorious
EPO prescibing' Dr. Gabrielle Rosa have ever, even      after leaving Rosa's
camp, told of drug use. Also, there *must* be some athletes who declined Dr.
Rosa's suggestion of    using drugs, yet not one of these upstanding folk
have ever snitched either. Where are all of the naysayers now that a    few
Americans have improved vastly since being in the Discovery America program.
Are 'our boys' succumbing to the        evil temptations? Surely there'll be
a choirboy who will document the suggestion that he use illegals to get
closer to the   top. I forget the band, but McEwen's theme song must be 'Too
Much Time on My Hands'  /Drew