i have a correction to my recent post about oregon & cal poly's at-large
ncaa qualifying record (and hopefully it didn't sound like i was in any way
detracting from mark conover's fine program)...

the mustangs actually had a second head-to-head win (i was told by somebody
on our staff that they only had one, so i didn't completely do my homework)
against nebraska at the roy griak invite, and actually ran that day in
minnesota without two of their top runners due to sickness...

regardless, the mustangs ran tough at the regionals and again showed that
mark conover is one of the best coaches on the west coast, and certainly
develops more out of his team's talent than 99 percent of the coaches in
the nation do ...

regardless of who's racing monday, some congratulations need to be directed
towards coach conover and his team for a fine effort beating four other
teams that were currently or ranked prior (oregon, arizona state, portland,
washington)...

Geoff Thurner
Assistant Director/Publications Coordinator
University of Oregon Media Services - Athletics
Len Casanova Center
2727 Leo Harris Parkway
Eugene, OR  97401

Phone: (541) 346-2250
Fax: (541) 346-5449
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.goducks.com

GO DUCKS!!  -  GO DUCKS!!  -  GO DUCKS!!