Gee, It's not like I haven't been busy enough in the past ten days since the
USATF Annual Meeting.  But I thought I would let you know that I am the list
supervisor on duty until Christmas Day, when I will leave on a brief
vacation down under before school starts back up on January 9.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the list, please
write me and I will attend to them as quickly as possible.

For those of you with low limits on your mailboxes and/or intentions to
abandon us during the holiday season, please unsubscribe and then subscribe
anew when you return.  Or consider switching to the digest mode so that the
number of messages is limited (although that won't cut down that much on the
size of your mailbox.)  That involves unsubscribing from the list and
subscribing to the digest mode.

        The List Server only understands the following commands:

TO SUBSCRIBE:
Send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The message (and ONLY this
text): subscribe t-and-f [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
Send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The message (and ONLY
this text): unsubscribe t-and-f [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE DIGEST MODE:
Send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The
message (and ONLY this text): subscribe t-and-f-digest
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
Send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The message (and ONLY
this text): unsubscribe t-and-f-digest
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        In all of these cases, the mailer program - a computer, not a person
- compares your email address in the from line to the one you have provided
in the body. If they are the same, it will follow the command.
Over this weekend (December 16-18) I will be making a brief visit to
Indianapolis for my first national office visit as USATF president.  So I
may be a little slow to respond.  But I will be reading the list on the
road...

Also, as the lead list supervisor, it is my job to find new supervisors.
You all saw the post from Coty announcing his retirement.  We need to
recruit a dedicated, level-headed person to fill the spot he is vacating.
Please write me privately if you would like to be considered.  Your name
will be passed on to the other supervisors and our panel of advisors.

Finally, many thanks to those other selfless individuals who have been
supervisors over the past year: Fred Finke, list founder Charlie Mahler
(finally a face with that name!!), Charlie Wandler, Phil Ponebshek, Kurt
Bray, and David Honea.  Our gratitude to you all...

Bill Roe - [EMAIL PROTECTED]