From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 12:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: t-and-f: Borzov and the Jesse Owens award

And everyone thought the current crop of sprinters started this air of
clowning, and bravado.  It has been, and will be a part of the game.  Borzov
was mild when posted against Carlos, C. Green, etc.
I wonder, was the demise of civilization predicted back then, too?

On another topic, how much credibility does the USATF Jesse Owens award still
have?  IAAF, USOC lists that woman with the 5 Olympic medals as their woman
of the year, but not her federation.  A definite miscue, in my opinion.

The G.O.A.T.