on 21/12/00 3:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There goes Juantorena down the back straight, opening his legs and
> showing his class"
> (David Coleman at The Montreal Olympics)

> They are right up there with the classic BBC commentary from an
> England -West Indies cricket match . . .
>
> "The batsman's Holding, the bowlers Willey" . . .

First one - Not so, that was the late Ron
Pickering. I can't remember which BBC man said: "There goes Hoyte-Smith with
Koch inside her." (you have to say it out loud)
Second - there is a much better one from the late John Arlott. Tufty Mann of
South Africa boaling to George Mann of England and giving him a hard time.
Arlott said: "Yet another example of Mann's inhumanity to Mann."

Randall Northam