Namely, with the success that HSI has had
in recent years, I imagine a number of athletes approach you and ask to be
part of your group.  How does HSI select the athletes it will welcome to be
a part of the team?  How many athletes apply?  Do you go after certain
athletes or do they all just come to you?  Are there minimum performance
standards, or do you look for potential?  Is the marketability of the
athlete (outgoing, engaging vs. introverted) an important consideration?
Once an athlete becomes a member, what does HSI expect of the athlete?
Must they all train together with the group, or do they need to assemble
only for major competitions?

Yes, this is a commonly asked question.
The answer is ambiguous at best.  I could say yes to many of the questions,
but I could also say no, depending upon the situation and the athlete.
The one constant would be potential.  That is always a consideration in
prospecting.  We look for some athletes, or for those that catch our eye, in
needed areas, but rarely do we set out in search of athletes.
If you are a sprinter you are required to be in LA and train with John.  It
is the core of our group, and what forms our closeness.

DGS
The G.O.A.T.