Bomba wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.  Dare i ask the
> creation/history/rationale behind this practice of
> '"american" all americans' in D 1 only??

I would take a guess and say somewhere around the late 70's early 80's when
schools like Washington State and UTEP (among others) began to recruit
foreigners with much success .. When guys like Rono and Waigwa were winning
everything and "Americans" began to have a hard time competing .. Was also
around the time when we started keeping track of collegiate records as
American and non American .. Someone correct me if I am wrong ..

Conway Hill