GH wrote
"In a message dated Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:01:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Conway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

<<Why were Ben Ohnson's marks so quickly taken out .. But
  so many others left on the books ?? It has definitely made it very tough on
  the women who are trying to achieve greatness innany events ... So does
  anyone know why this has not occured to date ??>>

Ben Johnson was expunged because he admitted under oath in a court of law that he had been dirty. A few other Canadians went down with him. Far as I know, they're the onlypeople ever to have admitted under oath what they did.

Sensibly, the IAAF and IOC have not taken to purging people who haven't beenthrough due process, no matter how good the "evidence" presented may have seemed to be.

Equally sensibly, the two groups have also placed a statute of limitations on expulsions.

gh"

Forget about Ben. Self incrimination strikes me as the best evidence possible and that is what HD has seemed to have provided so once again I ask when will the investigation start?
Regards,

Martin

Millard, Rouse & Rosebrugh                    Martin J. Dixon, B. Math. (Hons), C.A., Partner
Chartered Accountants                           Direct Dial: (519) 759-3708 Ext. 231
P.O. Box 367, 96 Nelson Street               Private Facsimile: (519) 759-8548
Brantford, Ontario  N3T 5N3                    E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone: (519) 759-3511                      Web site: www.millards.com
Practice Areas: www.millards.com/htm/profs/m_mjdixo.htm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email may be confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender.