Greetings, all

The WAVA Web site informs us that Bridget Cushen of Britain is running again
for the office of WAVA women's representative.

See posting at:
http://www.wava.org/latest%20news/Bridget%20Cushen%20Announcement.htm

Given that Cushen has apparently done nothing on behalf of Kathy Jager's
appeal for a medical waiver to end her 2-year drug ban, I'm wondering how she
can consider herself a women's rep.  She's been more of a rubber-stamp.

Can anyone tell me what Cushen has done to advance women's interests in WAVA
-- or why she deserves another term of office? Anyone out there willing to
step up to challenge her at the Brisbane General Assembly and commit to REAL
and VISIBLE progress for women?

Also: I find the wording of WAVA's Cushen announcement highly inappropriate
-- amounting to a campaign blurb. (WAVA sez: "She is a seasoned veteran of
that office
having served five two year terms from 1985 to 1995 and a four year term from
1997 to 2001.")  Can we expect wava.org to hype the re-election of President
Carlius as well?

Ken Stone
http://www.masterstrack.com