Somewhat track / football related question:

My school (MSU) has just signed a football player from Germany (plays for
the Cologne Chargers, I think).  His team is the "Division I Champion" in
Germany.  I didn't know that Europe had football leagues.

The player is 21.  The player is academically eligible.  He has four full
years of eligibility.  My question is this:    What is the rule for foreign
athletes to play in the NCAA?

I believe that a U.S. High schooler has 5 years from the date of HS
graduation to play NCAA sports.  Am I right?

What restriction is there on age for an athlete to be allowed in?  I have no
problem with  foreign athletes or older athletes.  When I was forced to quit
running, I always held out hope that I might be able to salvage some
eligibility and college running experience after age 23.  But I couldn't.

But, if US high schoolers have only 5 years from a maximum age 19 (and a
probable age 18) ... then this guy has a big advantage (not because he is
foreign!) because he can potentially play until age 26.

Please do not respond about foreign athletes ruining the NCAA ... I don't
want to know about that .  I just want to know what the rules are for US
athletes vs. foreign collegians (regarding age at college entry).

I would look this up myself but have no net access at work.