>As one who spent four summers in the Sacto area, I can tell you that we were
>incredibly lucky that the weather was miraculously mild for nearly the
>entire trials last summer.  It's normally over 100 degrees pretty much every
>day.  If the weather is more normal in 2004, you won't come away thinking
>that the weather was one of the best things about the meet.

Some days were cooler than usual, particularly when the distance races were
held early in the week, but actually it was otherwise quite
typical.  Sacramento averages only about 7-10 days above 100 degrees for
the entire summer, and the record is 30 days (1996).  Average high is
usually about 92-95 degrees.  The rapid evening cooling is also typical here.

Of course, we could hold the meet in Houston, Buffalo, Indianapolis or
Atlanta--all with much tougher conditions due to the humidity being between
double and triple Sacto levels.  Humidity when its 100 here typically falls
to below 20%.

No, Sacto won't deliver (often rainy) Eugene conditions for the minority of
the crowd that is distance aficionados, but for everyone else, you'll
largely get perfect sprint and jump conditions without the torrid humidity
in the East.

Richard McCann