[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Although it may be too late to get an advance-purchase fare, if anyone has
>the desire to go to the World Cross in Belgium, you should know that
>Oostende is just across the English Channel from Britain, on a major ferry
>route from Ramsgate, I believe. Flights to London are usually very cheap
>(usually significantly cheaper than Brussels or Paris), and a train to the
>English coast and a ferry to Oostende shouldn't cost that much.

[I am NOT employed by the airline or travel industry, so this is simply
an FYI post]

Actually fares are relatively cheap right now from the US to Europe if
you shop around.  United has a cheap flight from Wash-Dulles to Brussels.

British Airways is running US to London flights during March for $199 to
$260 round trip (check out their website for details/restrictions) with
almost no advance purchase requirements (I think they want 3-day advance).

Mike