Wayne,
I have always noticed that big guys are more likely to dislike indoor tracks
compared to little guys. So toss height of center of gravity into your
calculations or would it be momentum?  Does a big, heavy guy have to
dedicate a larger percentage of his energy into turning himself around? The
bigger the guy doesn't mean the proportionately bigger muscle for motion.
There's a scaling problem or King Kong's problem at work....I suspect.
Would the worst possible runner on an indoor unbanked track be a very tall
one with a large, heavy skull?
Or maybe the big guy thing is a myth.
Interesting to know the experiments.
Personally I could barely tell the difference, but I am a little guy with
hardly any skull.

Tom Derderian, Greater Boston Track Club