I am surprised that there has been so little discussion of the World
Indoor Championships.  Two things stand out for me:

1.  The Men's 1500.  How can the 1500 be won is such a slow time?  The
NCAA Division III meet had a faster winning time!  The only logical
explanation for such a slow time is that EVERY runner in the final must
have believed that he had a better kick than EVERY other runner in the
race!

2.  Has anyone ever done anything stupider in a major championship than
Sonia O'Sullivan's double in this meet?  How did she think she could
qualify in the 1500 and then do well in the 3000 only one hour and
forty-five minutes later?  Did she think she was back at Villanova
running against college girls?

--
Wayne T. Armbrust, Ph.D.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]