Alan:

Here's a suggestion Alan. Read Bengt Saltin's cover story in last
September's Scientific American, "Muscles and Genes." It's a good primer on
how different muscle fibers work. If you want to read more scientific
articles, "Taboo" has a great bibliography with most of the key research on
such things.

--
Jon Entine
RuffRun