From: Richard McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:58:38 -0700
To: Jon Entine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: A final reply-but private

Jon
I'm not going to bother to reply to the list because you constantly shift
your arguments, and we would be chasing this around forever.  I think the
list members now easily recognize how you constantly dodge the very strong
counter arguments that have been presented against whatever you happen to
be saying at the moment.

This last post is a great example.  I finally nail down what you have been
saying and present my counterthesis.  Then you turn around and AGREE with
my counterthesis!!!!

You have FAILED the basic process of evaluating a scientific
hypothesis.  You have presented your hypothesis, but you have not tested it
against the null hypothesis, nor alternative hypotheses such as the one
presented by me, or by others on the list.

As for qualifications, I received my Ph.D. from Berkeley, the top public
research university in the country, from the top department in my field,
agricultural and resource economics.  In that department we were drilled on
both testing of hypotheses, and statistical analysis.  Unfortunately, I see
that you would fail both levels of coursework.

Finally, I have not directly insulted you publicly on this list.  Keep your
trap shut.

More below:

------ End of Forwarded Message