Dennis does not matter in this scenario because he does not have a wild card
exemption.  Gail is different.  Since she has her wild card I think she
should be eligible for the relay pool.
A good point was made earlier, if we can include an intermediate hurdler, why
not MJ?  He qualified for the WC's, and he has proven fitness.
Remember, by IAAF standards he has made the team.  USATF is trying to promote
the national championships on the backs of stars.  That to me is a flaw, and
could prove to be a mistake.  Whereas the USA team would have a MJ on it, now
we will have no MJ.  What good did the rule do?

DGS
Faith is a road seldom traveled
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus,
the author and finisher of our faith" Hebrews 12: 1-2