Hey folks,

What a great meet at Prefontaine! Webb was inspiring, Greene was the
sportsman of the day!  I wonder if any opinions about the one false start rule
have changed - I bet it would have sat Jarret in the blocks and kept him from
stalingrad the race!

On a sad note for those who might care I won't be able to race in Eugene this
year.  I was hoping for a top 6 finish again but Thursday night while I was
coaching my vaulter, I stepped off the pit and turned my ankle on the
elevated runway. I have a  Level two sprain on both the lateral and meddled
side and I got every ligament all the way around  plus a tear in the anterior
tib tendon and  both the peraneals.

With only a week to the National 15k - which I am defending champion and
only 4 weeks to Eugene I hold little or no hope to be able to race -
considering I can't walk with out a cane right now.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  I might be back in time for the National 10k
though that is doubtful too.

Mike