Tony Waldrop? UNC. Imagine a turbo-charged version of Steve Cram.  His
career was over before the professional era began, though Nike did try
to buy him in 1977. Some people would rather do other things than run.
Teammate of Reggie McAfee, the first black American to run under 4:00.

Legend has it, that while retired, Waldrop was still doing workouts that
only one other American could match: a guy named Steve Scott.

Richie Harris? Colorado State. Wow. Always between injuries, the 3:51
just scratches the surface of his potential.

Of course, neither of those guys is from Kenya, so why bother?

malmo

Looking at the list, I saw two names that I don't recall hearing before
- my youth is showing, I suspect.

What were the careers of these two guys like?

> 10. Richie Harris 3:51.39
> 15. Tony Waldrop 3:53.2

- Ed Parrot