><<<  Or if he wanted to step up, he might be able to get into UVa, a couple
>hours away from his HS
>coach.  In any case, I imagine that Webb could get a very good education in
>Virginia for a lot less than 90K.  >>>>

Michigan is among the top 5 public universities in almost any ranking, and
the difference among the top 20 of all colleges is pretty small.  Michigan
is often rated higher than UVa for its undergraduate education.  Michigan
is always much higher than UVa in its graduate program rankings.  (I went
there as a graduate).  UC Berkeley is rated higher public university for
both undergrad and grad.  (I went there for both as well.)

As for the cost of education, it costs society (since we'd be footing
Webb's bill) essentially the same at Michigan or Virginia.  The in-state vs
out of state tuition is simply an accounting and tax burden issue that has
absolutely nothing to do with actual costs.

Richard McCann