Anybody in the know willing to post the scenarios of who currently holds an
'A' standard for the WC's from the US distance athletes.

Here is what I believe the men's situation is:
I believe that Holman, Stember, Jennings, and Krumenacker are the only
athletes with the A standard in the 1500m (3:36.20) - all from last summer?
Berryhill's solo effort 3:37.05 was impressive, but is still short though.
Pyrah, Lunn, and Lassiter are all still short too, with this year's WC
standard tougher than the Oly Games standard.

In the 5k (13:25.00) I count Kennedy, Meb, Broe this year, with Rodgers and
Goucher from last year (Lane just misses).  Could make for an interesting
choice for Broe.  With the SC A standard at 8:25, you'll certainly have to
beat that to make the team at the USATF final.  But the SC prelim and the 5k
are on the same day, and only 1 day after the 10k.  So if Meb makes the team
in the 10k, he's likely not going to run the 5k??  So Broe may just have to
beat Rodgers (13:40-something at Pre) to possibly make the team?  Broe
looked flat in the SC on Sunday, and although he is tough, is no lock to
make it in the SC.

In the 10k (28:00.00)  I count only Meb, Culpepper, Abdi, and Rogers.
Wonder if Rodgers will try the 10k or stick with the 5k.

Certainly a lot of guys could pick up the standard in Europe, or even at
USATF's.  But it does make for some interesting scenarios.  Can someone
confirm my count of A qualifiers and post the women's ....

RC