There are other factors to consider like who starts well, who runs
better straights/bends, but it's getting the baton around the 400 metres
as fast as possible which counts. Most changes take place near the end of
the zone. Therefore the 4 runners run roughly 110-100-100-90 metres
WITH THE BATON. So I would put my fastest runner on the 110 metres rather than
the 90 metres. Remember, Jesse Owens ran the lead-off leg in Berlin.

                                                  David Dallman

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As the Track Turns!
> Here we go.  She is now in again, and that changes a lot of things.  It will
> be interesting to see what comes of it all.
> I say they run Angela to Chryste to Kelli to Marion, that is where my money
> lies.
>
> Darrell
> Faith is a road seldom traveled
> Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus,
> the author and finisher of our faith" Hebrews 12: 1-2

David Dallman
CERN - SIS