in my note about Masback wanting to boil down the number of days, in my haste I
combined concepts and did it badly.

What he inherited was a 5-day nationals (seniors). The axe quickly fell, and we had a
3-day his first year in office (New Orleans '98).

In '99 it went back up to 4 days, '00 didn't count cuz it was an OT, and '01 was again
4 days.

The reason NO could do a 3-day, i believe is becuase the synthetic infield forced the
even worse abomination of long throws outside the stadium. Remove that pressure from
the infield and you can do the meet in 3 days. But price is too high to pay.

But my basic point stands about no matter what the stadium is, combining the Juniros
would make for a meet just far too long.

gh