Wonder why Regina Jacobs decided on the 800 instead of the 5K? According
to the schedule I have, the 15 is on days 2, 3 and 5, with both the 800
and 5K first rounds on day 7. So the schedule doesn't really explain the
choice. If the 800 were first it might be to sharpen up for the 15. I
can't see Regina making the final in the 800 based on her European
results.

Gabe Jennings gets to go in the 1500 because Andy Downin wasn't able to
get the qualifier, I guess.

Our 10K team looks like the strongest we have had in some time.

Notice that the women's relay pools both included "any other athlete on
the Team USA roster." Talk about leaving your options open! I guess that
means Marion.
Cheers,
Alan Shank