Does sprinting get any respect on this list any more ?? When Webb ran 3:54
the list was abuzz for weeks .. Yet something even more amazing occurred
yesterday at the World's and nary a whisper !!

Yesterday Maurice Greene ran 9.82 - while hobbling across the finish line
!!! Into a slight .02 breeze !!! His time was the 3rd fastest time ever, and
the only person to run faster is himself !! Barring muscular betrayal he was
headed for something in the mid 9.7 range .. Imagine he hobbled to a time
the likes of Carl Lewis, Donovan Bailey, and Linford Christie (among others)
could not approach at the Zenith's in full flight !!!

Oh and there's more .. Tim Montgomery in second solidified his claim as the
second fastest human of all time with his outstanding 9.85 (backing up his
previous 9.84 in Oslo)

And there's still more as Bernard Williams with his 9.94 gave the US a SWEEP
in the event ... Not since the inaugural Worlds event in 1983 has there been
a 100 meters sweep .. And there hasn't been a sweep in the 100 meters in the
Olympics since 1912 !!!Almost 100 years ... Most likely the only sweep the
US will experience in this meet and possibly the only sweep that will occur
period ..

But I guess no one is interested in any of this .. Actually maybe I made
mistake .. Maybe the 100 meters is NOT a track and field event .. :o(

Conway Hill