Gee, lots of men's 10K coverage at 1:00A.M. Even the women's hammer throw
was on earlier than that. And, of course, still no time to show the men's 5K
or Steeple heats yet lots of time for virtually every heat of every distance
up to 1500. Heck, we get qualifying coverage in  field events (at last!) but
not the 5K or Steeple. Oh, and Americans qualified in both, if that matters.
And I suspect a few more Americans run 5K road races than toss the hammer or
the javelin.
   I do NOT object to covering other events - I think  it is the best U.S.
coverage I can recall of Track and Field - I just wish the distance guys
weren't the only ones, literally, totally ignored so far.
            Geoff Pietsch