>The official IAAF statement claims that 50 athletes have so far been tested
>for EPO just before and during the championships, and Yegorova was one of
>them. According to IAAF vice-president Arne Ljungqvist, about 10 of those
>tests, including Yegorova, show red blood cell outside normal parameters.

>"You can get these abnormal concentrations for other reasons," he said.
>"These are borderline values and we must make sure with further tests on
the
>athletes' urine samples."

Do not hold your breath for any convictions following this system.
There was a TV program in Australia last year that explained the
effectiveness of these tests.
The blood test developed by Australian scientists has a deterction window of
maybe 6 weeks. The other test on Urine only 3 days!!! , This means there
will be many positives in the blood test but almost zero ever in the urine
test.

You could bet money that none of the 50 will be caught on the Urine test.
Almost certainly Yegorova if guilty would have had another course of EPO
since Paris.

The test is a dud in reality.

This is what the TV program claimed anyway. The blood test on its own should
stand.

regards
Steve Bennett
Sydney, Australia