Please delete now if this offends your sensibilities. Courtesy of Ian
Fallas.
Regards,

Martin

Greetings,

These results have not shown up on the IAAF website yet and they probably
never will. All of this is thanks to BeerMile-organizer extraordinaire, Matt
Norminton. He had help from John & timers Taniya, Kylie, & Allison:

Women's Results

August 11, 2001 10:30pm

Confederation Park, Edmonton AB

1.  Seanna Robinson                        6:52
2.  Krista Beadows-English                 8:36
3.  Darcie Montgomery                      8:51
4.  Sue Pribaz                            11:10
5.  Elisha Gordey                         11:48
6.  Jodi Lambent                          15:08
7.  Jen Alexander                         22:54
8.  Diana Gruber                          22:53

* All women drank 4 beers

WC Beer Mile

Men's Results

August 11, 2001 10:30pm

Confederation Park, Edmonton AB

1.  Scott Jensen                 CAL                 6:27
2.  Peter Cardle                  BC                 6:41
3.  Ian Fallas                   NOR                 6:43
4.  Mark Bomba                    BC                 7:00
5.  Todd McKenzie                 PQ                 7:02
6.  Lanny Mann                   CAL                 7:22
7.  Eric Lamghjelm                BC                 7:55
8.  Jason Lewis                  CAL                 8:12
9.  Hugh McKenzie                                    8:41
10.  Aiden Hawnt                 EDM                 8:42
11.  Sean Forbes                 EDM                 8:43
12.  Daniel Mckay                 SK                 8:48
13.  James Davidson               BC                 8:53
14.  John White                  GBR                 9:04
15.  Craig Constantino           CAL                 9:08
16.  Bill Donahue                EDM                 9:11
17.  Kevin Beatty                 ON                 9:16
18.  Dave Harder                  SK                 9:17
19.  Brendan Connely              BC                 9:19
20.  Shawn Brady                  ON                 9:24
21.  Jon McGavock                 PQ                 9:27
22.  Darren Burrows              CAL                 9:32
23.  Matt Brown                   BC                 9:39
24.  Lance White                 CAL                 9:41
25.  Kip Sigsworth                ON                 9:50
26.  Kyle Marcotte               EDM                10:56
27.  Steven Haggart              CAL                11:09
28.  Howard Herningson            SK                11:13
29.  Andrew Hakes                                   11:53
30.  Jeff Gonder                 CAL                11:54
31.  Neil Chomos                  BC                12:10
32.  Jamie Wilson                EDM                12:21
33.  Allan Pribaz                 ON                12:30
34.  Steve McIntyre Sr            SK                12:50
35.  Craig Williams              CAL                13:27
36.  Christopher Drozda          CAL                14:04
37.  Steve McIntyre Jr            SK                14:07
38.  Matt Wiens                  CAL                14:18
39.  Sean Surerus                 BC                14:36
40.  Steve Shigeishi             CAL                14:44
41.  Gary Pluim                  CAL                15:31
42.  Ian Watts                   CAL                15:38
43.  Nathan Kendrick             CAL                15:45
44.  Rick Milligan                AB                16:03
45.  James Aldridge              JPN                16:11
46.  Kevin Olsen                 EDM                16:25
47.  John Cassell                CAL                19:58
48.  Jason Lindsay               CAL                21:44
49.  Mateo Ayala                 BUR                24:10
50.  Daniel Ouimet                PQ                24:25
51.  Sid Kwallel                                    24:41
52.  Malcolm Balk                PQ/GBR             25:53

Team Results

1.  Calgary      30pts (1,6,8,15)

2.  BC            38pts (2,4,13,19)

3.  Edmonton    63pts (10,11,16,26)

4.  Sask          92pts (12,18,28,34)
           -----------------------

I would like to add a correction to the team results:

While many of us attempted to "internationalize" the results by competing
for countries of residence, dual-citizenship, or (in my case) birth, I think
my result ought to count for Calgary, particularly as Norway did not have a
complete team. Also, Eric Langhjelm was not counted for BC even though I'm
pretty sure that's where he's from. With these revisions, the team standings
look like this:

Calgary      18pts (1-3-6-8)
BC           26pts (2-4-7-13)
Edmonton     63pts (10-11-16-26)
Saskatchewan 92pts (12-18-28-34)
Ontario      95pts (17-20-25-33)
Quebec      128pts (5-21-50-52)

*If we count Seanna Robinson & Sue Pribaz as men, Ontario finishes with 62
points.

Anyway, with a total of 60 finishers, this is a record for participation in
a single race. The transition zone was chaos but we all survived. Just to
give you an idea of how crowded it was, I never saw Peter Cardle for the
entire race and I finished out in lane 4 to avoid all of the runners &
drinkers. I think, to a certain extent, the quality of performances
(especially for a shale track) can be attributed to a very large gallery of
Edmonton's finest mosquitoes. There was a lot of incentive to finish your
beer and get moving again!

Cheers,

Ian Fallas - Section U!