When you purchase a plane ticket at the cheapest rate it is no exchange  and
no change without a fee. I do this all of the time. That ticket and your
exchange of money establishes   the terms of a contract. Now you want to
cancell and not even change the contract that you agreeded to. Why does
Delta stink?  Live up to the terms of the agreement and there is no problem.
To the best of my knowledge all airlines have the same procedures.

R. N. Ball

> John,
> You could change your mind and go regardless and teach your team a lesson
in
> courage.
> Tom Derderian

Two things. Yeah you may do it all the time, but there's not a worldwide
crisis involving terrorist bombing of airplanes all the time. Think for, oh
maybe, a second or two, and see the uniqueness of the situation. Are there
never circumstances that should alter an agreement? If ever there are, this
has to rank right up there with any others. Don Bosco Prep students, in
Northern New Jersey are probably ALL within one degree of separation of
someone who was killed in the blast. A lesson in courage doesn't overrule
scared children, scared parents or scared school officials who don't want
these kids to fly right now. To R.N. Ball, when you got your drivers
license, isn't there an implied contract to obey ALL of the traffic laws?
Think how pissed you'd be for getting a ticket for going 66 in a 65mph zone.
Sorry, you broke the terms of your contract--as well as breaking the law.

For full disclosure, I am the assistant coach at Don Bosco Prep.   /Drew