> > all from this one race. Yes it was a very talented field, no question,
but
> > it's hard to believe that all eight are faster than every other great
> > southern runner for the past 20 years.
> >          Geoff
> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> It's not just at the Foot Locker South course where course record lists
have been rewritten. This year the times at Mt. SAC have been ridiculous.
For years, anyone breaking 15 was a true stud. Now you  have guys who are
good, but not great dipping under the 15-minute barrier.

> Sure, Amber Trotter is damn fast, but she's not 30 seconds faster than
Anita Siraki, who broke Julia Stamps's CR. The course has been changed
somehow, and it's wreaking havoc on the all-time lists. Bummer.
> sideshow
>From one year to the next who can remember exactly how to mark the course?
Loops do tend to get shorter, curves straightened, and corners cut. That's
why we have tracks. Then we can try to remember about how far from the curb
they should be measured and where the steeple starts.
Tom