> "Geoff Pietsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   The McAlpine course is a great course except for being too narrow
> after the long opening straightaway. It's fast because it's on
> hardpacked dirt (when it's not muddy from rain). It's not as flat as
> some suggest; it's sure hillier than the golf course that Footlocker
> Finals and many college races are run on.

The first time I raced McAlpine (NC state meet - 90), there was a
downpour the night before the race and many of the puddles were
literally knee-deep.  It was cold too.  The 5k course essentially
has one hill, but it's a pretty damn steep one.

  Jason

        Jason Blank                            Hopkins Marine Station
Enloe HS '92, Duke '96, Stanford ??              Oceanview Boulevard
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Pacific Grove, CA 93950

"I hate it when people say, 'If basketball doesn't work out, you can
  always fall back on your degree.' A degree should never be something
   you fall back on. It's something you should use."
    - Jason Williams, Duke student-athlete