Apologies if the post below goes through more than once.
The first time I tried sending it, my resubscription wasn't yet
confirmed.

* * * * *

<<Who ran the fastest all-time mile for each of the 50 states?
Based on where each guy went to HS, but includes post-HS
times.  Anyone to add or corrections to the list below?>>

Tom Von Ruden's last two years of high school were in Notus,
Idaho./1/  His best was 3:56.9 at Bakersfield in 1967./2/  It
may not be the fastest ever out of Idaho, but it looks pretty
good.

/1/ Coles Phinzy, "For Want of a Shoe a Race Was...," Sports
Illustrated 36 (June 5, 1972).

/2/ http://www.runnersworld.com/stats/mileusa.html.

Chris Kuykendall
Austin, Texas