A coulda, woulda, shoulda guy would be Robert Strait from Cuero High School, TX. At
the time in '89, he was the #2 running back of all-time in Texas with over 8,000 yds
rushing. At our district meet he won the HJ (6'6"), 100m (10.8ish), LJ (23' ish), SP
(60'), and anchored the winning
4x100m...pretty good for a guy 6'2"/245 lbs. He's also the reason my junior high gym
now has break-away basketball rims. He dunked on us in 7th grade and bent the rim. He
went to Baylor to play football and his career didn't pan out. He made the news a year
ago after an arrest for dealing
crack in Cuero.