Kebba-

I totally agree.  There is a significant difference in
fly30m times between the 9.9 guys and the 10.1 guys.
The point I was making is that the 10.1 guys are not
significantly faster than the best footballers.  And
this is with the footballers doing very little
specific top end training.

I'm not saying that every NFL reciever and DB is a
great sprinter, but the ten fastest probably have
similar top ends to the average 10.15 guy.

Can I prove this? No.  I don't have the hard data in
front of me.  What I do have in front of me are the
30m times for my football guys who just came out last
week.  They easily ran faster than any of the track
only sprinters I have ever coached in the fly30m.
This includes a 10.37 and a 10.41.  My football guys
are not slow on the field or on the track, but I will
be suprised if any of them break 10.5

Barto