Yes, it was water poisoning. It was this novice female runner's first marathon. She
stopped at just
about every water table and drank a liter or more at who knows how many water stations
along the
course, which depleted (diluted) her system of electrolytes. Basically the same thing
that happens
from alcohol poisoning (and, similarly - though physiologically different - if you
wrapped your lips
around the tail pipe of a car while the engine was running.) Because of this, some may
want to call
for the ban of alcohol and fossil fuel-burning combustion engines.

But, I think this is a little different than from advocating drugs with the intent of
improving
athletic performance.